CAT has a full calendar of events, which is distributed to members in the form of a ‘meets list’.
Meets range from evening meets during the warmer / lighter months to full weekend away trips in different parts of the country.
Horse Crag Photo Workshop 10:00 am
Horse Crag Photo Workshop @ Horse Crag Level
Nov 25 @ 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
Liz Withey is running another Photography Workshop using Horse Crag Level as the classroom. Lots of interesting spaces, structures and materials in there to practice on. Participants will need normal underground gear plus their camera[...]
To participate in a meet, you will need to become a member of CATMHS (of the appropriate class depending if the meet is underground). Please navigate to the membership page for information on becoming a member.
Meet grading system
Meets are graded according to the following system:
- E – Easy, level walking, scrambling.
- D – Difficult, abseil or ladder pitches and awkward ground. Suffixed SRT if prussiking will be required.
- S – Severe, long or awkward SRT pitches, unstable or serious ground. Full SRT competence required.
- EXP – Exploratory, these meets are intended to push into unknown ground and long and difficult abseiling and prussiking pitches may be expected. Rope traverses, pendules and deep water may be encountered. For the safety of the party participants must be fully SRT competent, and able to exercise their own judgement in difficult circumstances.
- Note – mine exploration is a high-risk sport and it is not possible to reduce all risks to a low level. CAT seek to support exploration in a safe manner while recognising that significant risks will remain and the safety of the activity will ultimately depend on the ability of the group and participants to take sensible actions to ensure exploration is conducted with a reasonable margin of safety.
- Note – everyone participates in a meet at their own risk.