ALL CATMHS MEETS POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
CATMHS has a full calendar of events, which is LISTED ON THIS WEBSITE and distributed to members via Facebook.
Meets range from evening meets during the warmer / lighter months to full weekend away trips in different parts of the country.
(Cancelled) Dorothea & Pen-yr-Orsedd Welsh Weekend 10:00 am
(Cancelled) Dorothea & Pen-yr-Orsedd Welsh Weekend
May 16 @ 10:00 am – May 17 @ 4:30 pm
(Cancelled) Coniston Coppermines Beginners Easy Surface
(Cancelled) Coniston Coppermines Beginners Easy Surface @ Coniston
May 31 all-day
An easy tour of the many surface features of Coniston Coppermines (with some optional short under ground opportunities).
To participate in a meet, you will need to become a member of CATMHS (of the appropriate class depending if the meet is underground). Please navigate to the membership page for information on becoming a member.
Meet grading system
Meets are graded according to the following system:
- E – Easy, level walking, scrambling.
- D – Difficult, abseil or ladder pitches and awkward ground. Suffixed SRT if prussiking will be required.
- S – Severe, long or awkward SRT pitches, unstable or serious ground. Full SRT competence required.
- EXP – Exploratory, these meets are intended to push into unknown ground and long and difficult abseiling and prussiking pitches may be expected. Rope traverses, pendules and deep water may be encountered. For the safety of the party participants must be fully SRT competent, and able to exercise their own judgement in difficult circumstances.
- Note – mine exploration is a high-risk sport and it is not possible to reduce all risks to a low level. CAT seek to support exploration in a safe manner while recognising that significant risks will remain and the safety of the activity will ultimately depend on the ability of the group and participants to take sensible actions to ensure exploration is conducted with a reasonable margin of safety.
- Note – everyone participates in a meet at their own risk.